Virtual complete Private Pilot ground course with live instruction from the comfort of your home. The focus is to prepare students for both the FAA written and oral exams. You’ll be able to see the instructor, their screen, and the actual E6B when needed. Instruction and questions are interactive. Flight Instruction is also available if you are in the Springfield, MO area.
The next course is scheduled weekly on Wednesdays 6pm-9pm Central starting on 1/17/2018 running through 3/21/2018. All sessions are recorded in case you have to miss a class. Limited seats available. Registration ends 1/5/2018.
If you would like to receive additional information about the next Private Pilot ground school please fill out the Contact Form.
Sample Center of Gravity demo clip of the virtual classroom format.
Materials included as part of the course are:
- Private Pilot memory cards
- Flight Providers enhanced – Pilot Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge (Highlighted for focus with additional explanation.)
- Flight Providers enhanced – ACS Quick Reference packet (ACS outline with references to FAA documents and cheat sheets used during oral exam.)
- Airplane Flying Handbook
- Sporty’s Electronic E6B
- Sporty’s sectional plotter
Virtual coaching is completed using Zoom on conferencing with audio, desktop sharing, and video communication.
- Memorization of key information that must be readily available to all pilots.
- Understanding of FAA documentation including CFRs, Airplane Flying Handbook, Pilot Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge.
- Application of skills to complete scenario based problems.
Pilot Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge (PHAK)
|Week 1||PHAK 1 Introduction to flying
PHAK 2 Aeronautical Decision Making
PHAK 3 Aircraft Construction
|Week 2||PHAK 4 Principles of Flight
PHAK 5 Aerodynamics of Flight
|Week 3||PHAK 6 Flight Controls
PHAK 7 Aircraft Systems
|Week 4||PHAK 8 Flight Instruments
PHAK 9 Flight Manuals and Other Documents
|Week 5||PHAK 10 Weight and Balance
PHAK 11 Aircraft Performance
|Week 6||PHAK 12 Weather Theory
PHAK 13 Aviation Weather Services
|Week 7||PHAK 14 Airport Operations
PHAK 15 Airspace
|Week 8||PHAK 16 Navigation
PHAK 17 Aeromedical Factors
|Week 9||FAA Written Prep||Planned|
|Week 10||FAA Written Prep||Planned|